SVMP 1.5.0 Released
New in SVMP 1.5.0 is the long awaited single-app mode for the Android client app. Other major additions include an all-new more flexible build system for the Android VM image, and an early preview of a new HTML5-based client application.
Detailed Change Log
- Single-app mode. Now individual remote applications can be mapped to shortcuts on the client’s homescreen instead of having a whole 2nd “desktop” to manage.
- New icons and graphics
- Sends current default timezone to the VM
- New connections now default to SSL encrypted
- Early preview of HTML5-based client application (requires a WebRTC-enabled browser, such as Chrome or Firefox)
- Supports in-client password changes
- Pinned all the NPM dependency versions. No more random breakage due to unexpected module changes.
npm install -gwill now create executable links for the server and configuration tool
- All new build system with lots of new features
- Menu-based configuration
- New targets for multiple virtual disk and VM platforms types
- OVF/OVA appliance building for VirtualBox and VMware
- Disk sizes configurable from BoardConfig.mk (including /data)
- New “all-in-one” build target combining /system and /data into a single disk image
- Now bootable on hypervisors using pygrub and pvgrub (e.g., Xen PV-mode)
- Kernel updates
- Updated kernel to linux-stable 3.4.98
- Revamped the default configuration to add more hypervisor support (i.e. Xen) and remove unnecessary features
- svmpd can now handle multiple connections without blocking (prior connections are kicked)
- VM timezone settable by client
- Fixed notification forwarding again
- Moved /cache partition to the system disk. The contents of /cache are tied more closely to the ROM version and should not be persisted long-term like /data.